Re: problem with layout on archives.postgresql.org

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: problem with layout on archives.postgresql.org
Дата
Re: problem with layout on archives.postgresql.org  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-www
hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:32:42AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Yeah.  Please see this thread with a proposed fix that didn't work for
> > me (I'm no CSS expert):
>
> i'm not sure if i like the approach.
>
> fixing the problem by forcing breaks, while initially the problem arises
> because layout is fixed width, and forcibly centered, doesn't look nice
> for me.
> i'll ask fellow css gurus how to solve it, and if we'll find some way,
> i'll gladly send patch.

I understand the point and I think that fixed-width-centered webpages
are a stupid idea to start with, but I'm not going to mess around with a
core idea of our web design.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: