Re: How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.

От Michael van Elst
Тема Re: How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 05:31:50PM -0400, Louis Lam wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I did tried
>
> select pg_show_all_settings()
>
> But this function has a filter based on a user privilege.  As postgres
> user, I got 187 rows return and can see parameter like data_directory with
> its OS path.  But as a non admin user, I got 176 rows return and all the
> parameters that would point to a directory on the OS are not shown due to
> privilege.

I'm wondering what you want to do with this information. For a user
there should not be a difference regarding the underlying operating
system on the server. And for an admin who might want to do statistics
on a larger set of database servers you should have enough privileges.

If you need some classification of all the databases then you could just
store that information in the database. E.g. with a stored procedure
that gives you the correct answer.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst