Re: munin plugin for bloat

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: munin plugin for bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le mercredi 07 octobre 2009 19:44:05, Kevin Kempter a écrit :
> Hi all;
>
> I have an sql query I like to run that shows the top 10 bloated tables.
>  I'm wanting to turn it into a munin graph however the issue is that the
>  list of tables (the top 10) are not constant which seems to indicate that
>  I need something more dynamic than what's available as a standard munin
>  plugin.
>
> Has anyone out there already tackled this?

Munin 1.4 will be out soon (not really soon), it may help you doing such
things. And there is new class inside munin code to handle postgresql plugins.
(very simple and usefull)

But I wonder if it is really interesting :  you will have the most bloated
table reduce to the less bloated table after vacuuming, probably.

I prefer graph specific relations and just alert me if some relation is bloated
too much.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données