Re: creation of foreign key without checking prior data?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: creation of foreign key without checking prior data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:31:14PM -0500, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski
> <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
> >
> > So, since (as we know) foreign keys are not fault-proof, wouldn't it be
> > good to provide a way to create them without all this time-consuming
> > check?
>
> No.
>
> If you don't want the behavior of a foreign key then just don't define
> a foreign key. Load the data, clean it up, then create the foreign key

I think you are missing the point. Data is clean. It's dump. creation of
fkey takes time, and i'd like to avoid this delay.

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007