Re: PostgreSQL 8.3

От Johann Spies
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:53:10AM +0200, Johan Greyling wrote:

> I ahve PostgreSQL 8.3 installed, after I restart my pc, using the
> pgAdminIII it gives me connection...failed
>
> What can I do?

My first reaction would be to check whether the server is running
e.g. nmap localhost -p 5432

On my pc this shows:
Starting Nmap 4.68 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-09-17 15:31 SAST
Warning: Hostname localhost resolves to 2 IPs. Using 127.0.0.1.
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
PORT     STATE SERVICE
5432/tcp open  postgresql

Are you running pgAdminIII as a user that should be able to connect to
the database?  And did you configure the connection details correctly
within PGAdminIII?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the
      firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns
      be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out
      with new wine."      Proverbs 3:9,10