Re: Serious problems with non-primary foreign keys

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Serious problems with non-primary foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Friday 11 September 2009 6:26:13 am Janne wrote:
> I'm having some serious problems using PostgreSQL with symfony and
> Doctrine. Here is the error that I've been fighting with for the last
> couple of days: SQLSTATE[25P02]: In failed sql transaction: 7 ERROR:
> current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
> block. Failing Query: CREATE INDEX company_id ON sf_guard_user_profile
> (company_id) It seems to affect every single non-primary foreign key.
> Turning the key to primary foreign fixes the problem but I don't want it to
> be primary. I can't think of any logical reason why this error would
> happen. Generally there's nothing wrong with using a non-primary (not null)
> foreign key. But Postgre seems to think there is. I know PostgreSQL creates
> an index for every primary key. Since turning the key also into primary
> seems to fix it, should I just define an index for it? I've tried it but
> nothing changes. Here's the relevant SQL: CREATE TABLE
> sf_guard_user_profile (id BIGINT, company_id BIGINT NOT NULL, PRIMARY
> KEY(id)); CREATE TABLE company (company_id INT, PRIMARY KEY(company_id));
> Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you,
> janneaa

I think more information is required. First the complete transaction. Second the
complete error message, especially the part that explains what is causing the
CREATE INDEX command to fail. Third I do not see a FOREIGN KEY reference in the
SQL you posted.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net