Re: pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 11:29:14AM -0400, Pat Chan wrote:
>    One is '<IDLE in transaction>' and the other is simply the word 'end'.
>    I googled everywhere about this but to not avail. If you could shed some
>    light on this subject that would be great!
>    Thank you in advance.

'<IDLE in transaction>' means that the client has opened a transaction but
isn't doing anything right now. If you issue a "BEGIN;" command and then just
sit there, for instance, you'll see these.

'END' is synonymous with 'COMMIT', so where those show up, it means the client
is in the middle of committing a transaction.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Help: how to speed up query after db server reboot
Сообщение: Re: Help: how to speed up query after db server reboot