pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?

От Pat Chan
Тема pg_stat_activity.current_query explanation?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

I'm using postgresql 8.1.5. Sorry if this is not the right area to ask this. I already have command string turned on at the postgresql.conf , and am currently trying to troubleshoot some connection problem at a server that is causing performance issues. Apart from "<IDLE>" and the specific SQL commands that the clients have issued, I'm seeing two things that I cannot seem to explain:

One is '<IDLE in transaction>' and the other is simply the word 'end'.

I googled everywhere about this but to not avail. If you could shed some light on this subject that would be great!

Thank you in advance.

Faster Hotmail access now on the new MSN homepage.