Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints
Дата
Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@googlemail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean Rasheed wrote:
> Thanks for the thorough review. I attach an new version of the patch,
> updated to HEAD, and with the index AM change discussed.

Wow, this is a large patch.

I didn't do a thorough review, but some quickies I noticed:

* Please move the code that says that it should be in a new file to a new file.

* Please don't mimic the silliness of RI_FKey_check of an unused return value.  Just make it return void, and have the
calleruse the proper PG_RETURN_FOO macro.  (Unless there's a specific reason to not do things that way)

* I'm not sure about the changes in trigger.h and related elsewhere. Seems related to the new list in
AfterTriggerSaveEvent,which is used in ways that seem to conflict with its header comment ... I wonder if we should be
doingthat in the executor itself instead. In any case it's inconsistent that the list is added to ExecARInsertTriggers
butnot to ExecARUpdateTrigger et al ...