Re: Docbook toolchain interfering with patch review?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Docbook toolchain interfering with patch review?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> But I can't say I've ever had much trouble building the docs.  I find
> it a bit odd that "make" in the doc directory does nothing; and "make"
> in doc/src does nothing, but "make" in doc/src/sgml does what you
> expect.  I also find the slowness of openjade to be pretty annoying.
> But those are minor warts, not serious inconveniences that hinder
> reviewing.

Back when my machine took 45 mins to build the docs, what I did to
review doc changes was a quick "make check" to verify that the SGML was
not b0rked, then send the patch and look at the generated HTML in the
developer docs.

Nowadays the doc building process has been sped up inmensely by Peter's
recent changes.  And my machine has sped up too, as well.

The only thing I lament is that I can't do openjade -j2 to use two cores
to build (or should that be --workers=2 ?)

Сообщение: Re: Docbook toolchain interfering with patch review?
Сообщение: Re: Docbook toolchain interfering with patch review?