fmgroids.h not installed by "make install" in VPATH

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема fmgroids.h not installed by "make install" in VPATH
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

It seems our makefiles fail to install fmgroids.h by "make install" in a
VPATH build.

The reason is that they do this (src/include/Makefile)
   for dir in $(SUBDIRS); do \     cp $(srcdir)/$$dir/*.h '$(DESTDIR)$(includedir_server)'/$$dir/ || exit; \     chmod
$(INSTALL_DATA_MODE)'$(DESTDIR)$(includedir_server)'/$$dir/*.h  || exit; \   done

However, fmgroids.h is a symlink in the builddir, not present in the sourcedir.
I think in a regular build it should install but I can't confirm it
because I don't have one handy.

There are a few other symlinks in src/include:

./dynloader.h
./pg_config_os.h
./utils/fmgroids.h
./parser/parse.h

pg_config_os.h is installed manually.  Not sure of the usefulness of
installing dynloader.h and parse.h; fmgroids.h is needed to build the
EDB pldebugger so I think it should be installed.  (Right now I think
the debugger forces you to build in-tree.)

I think the solution is to treat fmgroids.h just like pg_config_os.h,
i.e. add a line like this:
$(INSTALL_DATA) utils/fmgroids.h '$(DESTDIR)/$(includedir_server)/utils'

BTW: do we really need to install the win32 headers on non-win32 builds?