Re: Small foreign key error message improvement

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Small foreign key error message improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 06 July 2009 23:00:18 Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems to me that the right fix here is not so much to tweak the
> message wording as to put in an error location cursor.  In more
> complicated cases (eg, multiple FOREIGN KEY clauses) the suggested
> wording change wouldn't help much anyway.

It looks like this would involve equipping the Value node with location
information and passing that around everywhere.  This could also be used to
supply better location information for a number of other cases.  Does that
sound like the right direction?