Re: pg_migrator mention in documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_migrator mention in documentation
Дата
Re: pg_migrator mention in documentation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: pg_migrator mention in documentation  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 19 June 2009 00:56:42 Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The makefile for pg_migrator currently assumes by default that it is
> > located under contrib/.  Which confuses me.
>
> You can compile pg_migrator by copying it to /contrib, or using PGXS;
> both work.  Read the 15-step install instructions for details:
>
>     (7)  Build pg_migrator
>
>     For pg_migrator source installs, keep in mind the compile must use the
>     _new_ PostgreSQL source directory and be installed in the new Postgres
>     install directory.
>
>     The simplest build option is to point to the top of the PostgreSQL
>     source tree by running something like:
>
>             gmake top_builddir=/usr/src/pgsql install
>
>     Replace '/usr/src/pgsql' with your source directory.  pg_migrator also
>     understands the 'prefix=' specification if you installed Postgres in a
>     custom location.  Another build option is to copy the pg_migrator
>     directory into contrib/pg_migrator in the new PostgreSQL source tree and
>     run a simple 'gmake install'.  A third install method is to use PGXS
>     (assuming the new 'pg_config' is in your $PATH):
>
>             USE_PGXS=1 gmake prefix=/usr/local/pgsql.new install

Maybe the latter method should be the default, as it matches better with how
we encourage other extension modules to be built?