Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> [090630 00:18]:
> Perhaps tieing it to the schema is wrong and we should actually
> require the user to specify the template they want explicitly which
> would be even better for that. So it would be something like "WITH
> GRANTS LIKE sensitive_table".

And, not having any experience with the current permissions code, or the
code required to do that (;-]), I would *love* something like that...

*especially* if those grants remain "by reference", i.e. If I change the
GRANTS/REVOKES on sensitive_table, those are automatically "apply" to all
tables created with the "WITH GRANTS LIKE sensitive_table"...

It would simplify all the work I have to do in:make_$PERMISSION_ROLE(table)
and make it much more "elegant", and save me having to re-run them all
if I want to change some permissions.

But I realize that since I'm as anal about my database schemas as I am
about my code, I'm probably not your typical "DB dev shop" people like
Josh are used to dealing with...

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,