Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Craig James, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Erik Aronesty, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Marcin Stępnicki, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Jerry Champlin", )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (David Wall, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dave Page, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Mead, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Ron Mayer, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Alex Adriaanse, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Markus Wanner", )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
Hi,

Quoting "Greg Smith" <>:
> What I'd love to have is a way to rent a fairly serious piece of
> dedicated hardware

I'm just stumbling over newservers.com, they provide sort of a "cloud"
with an API but that manages real servers (well, blade ones, but not
virtualized). Their "fast" variant comes with up to two SAS drives,
however, I don't think there's a BBC. Hardware seems to come from
Dell, charging by hourly usage... but go read their website yourself.

If anybody has ever tried their systems, I'd like to hear back. I wish
such an offering would exist for Europe (guess that's just a matter of
time).

Regards

Markus Wanner