Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Craig James, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Erik Aronesty, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Marcin Stępnicki, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Jerry Champlin", )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (David Wall, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dave Page, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Mead, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Ron Mayer, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Alex Adriaanse, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Markus Wanner", )
On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:51 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> I keep falling into situations where it would be nice to host a server
> somewhere else.  Virtual host solutions and the mysterious cloud are no
> good for the ones I run into though, as disk performance is important for
> all the applications I have to deal with.
>
> What I'd love to have is a way to rent a fairly serious piece of dedicated
> hardware, ideally with multiple (at least 4) hard drives in a RAID
> configuration and a battery-backed write cache.  The cache is negotiable.
> Linux would be preferred, FreeBSD or Solaris would also work; not Windows
> though (see "good DB performance").
>
> Is anyone aware of a company that offers such a thing?

Sure, CMD will do it, so will Rack Space and a host of others. If you
are willing to go with a VPS SliceHost are decent folk. CMD doesn't rent
hardware you would have to provide that, Rack Space does.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP:
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Сообщение: Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?