Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:51 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> I keep falling into situations where it would be nice to host a server
> somewhere else.  Virtual host solutions and the mysterious cloud are no
> good for the ones I run into though, as disk performance is important for
> all the applications I have to deal with.
>
> What I'd love to have is a way to rent a fairly serious piece of dedicated
> hardware, ideally with multiple (at least 4) hard drives in a RAID
> configuration and a battery-backed write cache.  The cache is negotiable.
> Linux would be preferred, FreeBSD or Solaris would also work; not Windows
> though (see "good DB performance").
>
> Is anyone aware of a company that offers such a thing?

Sure, CMD will do it, so will Rack Space and a host of others. If you
are willing to go with a VPS SliceHost are decent folk. CMD doesn't rent
hardware you would have to provide that, Rack Space does.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/