Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:

> On 7 Jun 2009, at 03:27, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:

> >> I can tell you already that dblink has changed, and I had to drop it
> >> before migration, otherwise everything went fine. Migration of 57GB
> >> data in place took about 1 minute.
> >
> > The good news is that the INSTALL instructions where clear enough for
> > the tester to understand that uninstalling dblink from the old cluster
> > and reinstalling it in the new cluster would work.
> Yes, but I forgot about one database, and had to do it all over again,
> luckily I first tested it without --link...

Any failure would have allowed you to revert to the old server.  It is
only when you _start_ the new server that the old server cannot be used;
I have clarified the INSTALL file on that point.
If you use linking, the migration will be much faster (no data copying),but you will no longer be able to access your
oldcluster once you startthe new cluster after the upgrade.

http://enterprisedb.com