Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> how to trigger the failure (and therefore how to test the solution). A
>> naive test with two databases, one LATIN2, the other UTF8 does not
>> produce the error with simple text literals. Any guidance on specific
>> literals that would trigger the problem?
>
> Hmm, sending some non-ASCII characters from the LATIN2 end to the UTF8
> end should do it, I would think.  The other direction would probably
> not show any immediate error.

I tried some random high-bit characters on the LATIN2 side, but was not
able to stumble upon the right combination of characters to trigger a
complaint. I've contacted Ruzsinszky Attila off-list and he said he will
get me a self contained test case.

Joe