Re: postgresql on windows98

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: postgresql on windows98
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 05:21:41AM -0700, RaviThapliyal wrote:
> Can postgresql be installed on windows 98 OS?
>
> I want to install windows application with postgresql as a backend database
> in Windows 98 machine.

Ravi: just to confirm; you have several "client companies" that run MS
Windows 98 on their "server machines" and you've written a program that
runs on another machine of an unspecified version of MS Windows.  You
were expecting your customers to be running at least MS Windows XP on
their server boxes which is causing you problems.

(for small companies, I'd expect the server and client machines to be
one and the same, but this distinction doesn't seem relevant to the
current discussion)

I think the answer is going to be that Windows doesn't expose a large
enough subset of the Win32 API to allow PG to run, but at least it'll
get away from the religious argument this seems to have turned into.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/