Re: Yahoo Everest MPP - open source release?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Yahoo Everest MPP - open source release?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 09:28:37AM -0700, digital_illuminati@yahoo.com wrote:

> There was some talk of Yahoo possibly open sourcing the source for
> the PostgreSQL MPP column store they built.

Actually, Yahoo! acquired a company that had built this store.

> Does anyone know if this is actually slated to happen, when, etc?

Somebody at Yahoo! might.

> I'm looking for an open source solution for doing efficient queries
> on 300 million+ row tables, and it sounds like Everest would be
> perfect.

Community PostgreSQL handles situations like this just fine.  If you
want public help, you have come to the right place on this mailing
list.  If you want help on other terms--say, non-disclosure
agreement--there are plenty of companies including mine,
<http://www.pgexperts.com/>, that will be happy to work with you.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!