Re: standby shutdown

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: standby shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 09:06:48AM -0400, Ray Stell wrote:

> So, you are saying just shutdown, but it is my experience that this might not
> work and I need to script this for the operator to do the maintenance.

Could not get the standby to go down without flags, which makes me
nervous since Robert seems to indicate that it should.   I tried "-m f"
and this seemed to work.  I'm able to restart recovery.  I suppose
there might still be some timing issues with xlogs deletion waiting to
blow my foot off.

What value do people pass to %r as a general rule?
But more importantly, how do you measure what will not fail?