Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:39:02 +0100
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:56:35PM +0100, Ian Mayo wrote:
> > One more thing:  hey, did you hear?  I just got some advice from
> > Tom Lane!
>
> Statistically speaking; he's the person most likely to answer you
> by quite a long way.  Out of the ~24k emails going back to Oct
> 2007 I've got from pgsql-general the most common people who wrote
> them are:

>    who              num mails  of total
>   Tom Lane              1,935    8.0%
>   Scott Marlowe         1,077    4.5%
>   Alvaro Herrera          521    2.2%
>   Joshua Drake            468    1.9%
>   Richard Huxton          432    1.8%
>   Craig Ringer            338    1.4%
>   Ivan Sergio Borgonovo   314    1.3%

I just wrote privately to Tom that I'm ashamed I ask so much and
answer so few.
But well I'm an exception ;) I'm the top of non-contributors.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

Сообщение: Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them
Сообщение: Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them