Re: %r in restore_command?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: %r in restore_command?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Duco Fijma wrote:

> Please allow me to rephrase a question I asked on this list some time
> ago. Could somebody shine some light on what exactly influences the
> value of the %r parameter in the restore_command (as used in
> recovery.conf)? I'm using this in a hot-standby-configuration in
> combination with pg_standby and _sometimes_ my archive on shipped
> transaction logs grow really huge. The value of %r then never changes
> any more in subsequent calls of the restore_command, causing pg_standby
> to not delete any WAL segment anymore.

AFAIR %r is supposed to mean "the earliest segment that can safely be
removed"(*).  If there's a lot of backlog then perhaps the recovery
process has stopped replaying WAL segments for some reason.  Is there
anything unusual in the slave logs?

(*) I *think* the technical definition is "segment previous to the one
on which the last restartpoint was set", or something similar.

Сообщение: Re: Posgres Adding braces at beginning and end of text (html) content
Сообщение: Re: Posgres Adding braces at beginning and end of text (html) content