Tuning postgres for fast restore?

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Tuning postgres for fast restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there,

I'm going to pg_restore a database dump of about 220 GiB (uncompressed,
but most data is BLOBs). The machine has 8 GiB of memory and 8 cores.
Is there any advice to speed up restoring, postgresql.conf-wise?

I already have a script which does the data loading and index creation
in parallel. I'm looking for advice regarding shared_mem, work_mem and
maintenance_mem - shall I raise them?

I currently have:
shared_buffers = 240MB
work_mem = 4096               # no units here, d'oh!
maintenance_work_mem = 150000

Thanks!

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de