Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 03:32:16PM +0100, Nicola Mauri wrote:

> We run into the following issue with Windows 2003 and Postgres 8.2.6 while
> database was running:
>
>   FATAL:  "pg_tblspc/16405/37638" is not a valid data directory
>   DETAIL:  File "pg_tblspc/16405/37638/PG_VERSION" is missing.
>   ERROR:  could not open relation 16405/37638/2661: No such file or
> directory
>   ERROR:  could not open relation 16405/37638/2659: No such file or
> directory
>   ERROR:  could not write block 4 of relation 16405/37638/37656: Permission
> denied
>   CONTEXT:  writing block 4 of relation 16405/37638/37656
>   WARNING:  could not write block 4 of 16405/37638/37656
>   DETAIL:  Multiple failures --- write error may be permanent.
>
> This happened 4 times in the last few months! Usually after the crash
> datafiles appear to be corrupted, but in some other cases they completely
> disappear from the filesystem (tablespace directory is empty) and we have
> to recreate the entire db from the last dump.
>
> No suspicious activities have been detected on the server (unauthorized
> accesses, anti-virus intervention) and information about disappeared files
> cannot be found using an undelete utilities. Disk hardware is healthy and
> no other part of the filesystem seems to be affected by such strange
> deletions (several applications, including an oracle database, are
> correctly running on the server).
>
> Since the problem seems involving only directories containing tablespaces
> (stored on local partition E:\) we are pointing our attention to "Reparse
> Point" and "NTFS Junction" mechanism.
>
> Could be there issues in those features?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nicola Mauri

I did not check the release note, but you do realize that you are
6 releases back from the latest stable 8.2 version. Maybe an upgrade
would help.

Cheers,
Ken

От: Nicola Mauri
Сообщение: Crash with data corruption under Windows
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows