Re: tablelog

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: tablelog
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Philippe,

i'm the author of tablelog.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:52:13 +0100 Philippe Lang wrote:

> I'm using tablelog (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/tablelog/) on an old
> FreeBSD 6 / Postgresql 7.4 server, and I'm really happy with it. It
> always worked great.
>
> I saw this morning that the project used to be accepted for a while in
> the debian packages repository, but has been removed last year:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-closed@lists.debian.org/msg19992
> 4.html. It looks like it is not really maintained anymore, but maybe it
> does not need to?

The software is still maintained, but not available as a Debian package
anymore. To be more exact: there's nothing i would add/change right now.
Last weekend i got an idea how to solve my showstopper for releasing
1.0 but i have to test if my idea might work at all.

> Debian maintainers have a particularely bad opinion on this package:
> "...nfortunatly development and package maintaining died short after. So
> I ask for removal of this (buggy) package."

It's only marked  buggy because it does not follow the guidelines for
PostgreSQL packages in Debian. The software itself is not buggy.

> Is anyone using it with Postgresql 8.3? Or is there an alternative to
> this?

The last version works with 8.3.

> While we are talking about this, is a development like Oracle "Flashback
> queries" planned maybe?

You can "flashback" to old data, but you need to use the tablelog
functions.

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum