Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 02:47:21PM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
> >  That might be true but I know of apps that use them. Having the ability to
> > migrate those slowly by using SET WITHOUT OIDS is a Good Thing (tm).
>
> +1 for removal.
>
> Also, whether the removal happens or not, I would suggest a setting that
> makes Postgres accept, but ignore default_with_oids / WITH OIDS settings.

Err, you mean a setting that makes Postgres throw an error on the use
of WITH OIDS. Just silently ignoring the option is a fantastic way to
break applications silently.

Making pg_dump not output the WITH OIDS option on tables may be an
easier option.

Have a nice day,

Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS