Re: UnixWare 7.1.4 (and OpenServer) sigwait issue

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: UnixWare 7.1.4 (and OpenServer) sigwait issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Chernow wrote:

> > I am afraid this falls in the same category as the HP-UX patch, in that
> > it is for threading on an older platform
>
> Really?  It was released in 2004 (maintenance pack 4 released in June 2008).

Oh, I didn't know that.  We have had lots of problems with SCO/Unixware
bugs in the past so there is no great love for keeping that platform
going. Also, there is much threading API churn that we haven't been fond
of trying to get everything working.

It would also be nice if someone else said they wanted this to work.  ;-)

> > It would be interesting if you could host a web page, perhaps on our
> > wiki, that lists patches for older platforms so we don't lose this
> > information and it might be helpful to use some day.
> >

> That sounds like an interesting idea.  I was already considering putting it on
> the libpqtypes.esilo.com website.  Maybe a better place would be on the pgwiki.

Yea, probably.  It would help us gather interest and perhaps include
them someday.

http://enterprisedb.com