Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 18:54 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I don't see them as conflicting; I see yours as a missing feature,
> > namely the ability to add tables to an autovacuum "group", which could
> > have settings attached.  Being able to do that is the whole point of
> > moving settings to reloptions.
>
> So your changes will allow these?
>
> ALTER DATABASE foo SET (autovacuum_enabled = false);
> ALTER SCHEMA foo SET (autovacuum_enabled = false);

Hmm.  Perhaps being able to turn autovacuum on/off per-database is
desirable and possible, but I can't see doing it per schema.

> CREATE TABLE GROUP foo_group;
> ALTER TABLE foo SET TABLE GROUP foo_group;
> ALTER TABLE foo2 SET TABLE GROUP foo_group;
> ALTER TABLE GROUP SET (autovacuum_enabled = false);

Yes, something like that.

> Hopefully the grouping of tables is not purely related to AV?

Hmm, good question.  I was envisioning it only for autovacuum, but it
hasn't been vetted on pgsql-hackers.