Re: embedded pgsql media-failure

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: embedded pgsql media-failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 03:36:15PM +0100, Kokas Zsolt wrote:
> > I've got (second-hand) recommendations of
> > YAFFS, and have heard good things about JFFS2 as well.
>
> What I see from them is that they supported wear-leveling before
> wear-leveling was included into the drives.

Or for smaller, embedded, systems where the OS doesn't assume the
presence of a HDD like device and it's more efficient to handle things in
software.

> Currently I have a 16G
> SLC-based Swissbit CF-card.

OK, the atom CPU made me think it was going to be a very small and
simple device and hence the file system suggestions.  As Craig says I'm
not sure what help they would be if the device is doing wear leveling
itself.

> > Have you looked at anything simpler, maybe sqllite?
>
> Well, I've worked a bit with Oracle before, so PG is quite handy for
> me right now. Practically this decision was made before my arrival, I
> was basically asked, if I can learn PG too. I'm learning...

Sounds more reasonable now, but thought it best to make some suggestions
in case they hadn't been considered!

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/