Re: ssl database connection problems...

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: ssl database connection problems...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:35:22AM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:
> I'm still having problems with ssl.  My ssl_ciphers line in postgresql.conf
> looks as the following:
>
> ssl_ciphers 'ALL:!ADH:!LOW:@STRENGTH'

this parameter was not available in 8.2.x when I tested so what
I say here has little basis.

1. no equal sign?
2. isn't this a list of values to choose from so should it be:
     ssl_ciphers='ALL' ???
3. the doc does not say what happens if the the guy is commented
   out: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-SSL-CIPHERS
   I wonder what the default is?
4. the doc: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ssl-tcp.html
   says: "a list of ciphers can be specified" which makes it sound
   optional, but again, I'm without clue.

> Do you have any ideas for me to try to solve this problem?

Well, I think when I did it with 8.2 it was by trial and error in
a test environment.  I just kept changing stuff and kept a
matrix of where I had been.  There is a finite number of things
to change.  It might be good to make a list of possible
variable/values.  I've not done that, but it might be good
for us to try to construct a howto.