Re: ssl database connection problems...

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: ssl database connection problems...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 05:01:08PM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Ray Stell wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:50:23PM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:
> Also, in the second part of my message there are lines relating to the
> encryption.  I'm not sure what needs to be in my postgresql.conf file to
> handle this.  I'm using the MD5 method.

sorry, I didn't read that far and I didn't keep the post, so if I put
something stupid here, well, there it is.

The last time I played with this was 8.2.something, so 8.3.x may
not worky the same way:

I used the following in pg_hba.conf:
hostssl    all         all         CIDR-address        md5

with my specific notation for the CIDR.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

looks like you can use host and it will allow either ssl or not, so
chose hostssl if you want to keep the clear text guys out.