Re: Hi iam the beginner

От Pedro Doria Meunier
Тема Re: Hi iam the beginner
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(sorry all, I *couldn't* resist!)

Scott ...

In all these years that's the 1st time I've ever 'heard' the term "massage you
data" !!!
All sorts of deviant thoughts come to your mind!
LOL

BR,

Pedro Doria Meunier
GSM: +351961720188
Skype: pdoriam

On Friday 19 December 2008 12:03:26 am Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM, sai srujan <creativesrujan@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  Hi....
> >               This is srujan and I am beginner of postgresql 8.1 and I
> > have just stopped using mysql and i would like to use the dump (.sql
> > file) created in it. I would like transfer the databases in my sql to
> > postgresql 8.1. Please do reply. I am waiting for it.
>
> If possible, go ahead and jump right into 8.3.5.  There's been quite a
> few improvements over 8.1 in it.  And unlike Oracle, when a new pg
> version is released, it's considered to really be production ready
> right away, or at least within a month or so.  8.3.5 is a year old
> now, and we've been running 8.3 in production since 8.3.3 came out and
> it's fantastic.
>
> The easiest way to transfer your database over is to dump the schema
> first, and get that working on pgsql.  Beware mysqlisms, like quoting
> identifiers with back ticks (worst idea ever really) and odd type
> names, like tinyint or unsigned ints.  None of that stuff is standard.
>
> Once you've got your schema to import, then dump the data from mysql
> as either CSV or insert statements, whichever is easier, and import
> that.  You might need to whip up some skills in perl, bash, php, awk,
> or sed to massage your data to go in right.
>
> And if you get stuck, post here...  Best of luck.

Вложения

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Need help - Regarding Data Compression in PostgreSQL.
Сообщение: Re: Need help - Regarding Data Compression in PostgreSQL.