Re: Missing usenet messages. Was: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Missing usenet messages. Was: A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rainer Bauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thomas Kellerer wrote here
> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-12/msg00636.php>
>
> > [I'm reading this list through the newsserver at news.gmane.org,
> > and several answers did not seem to make it to news.gmane.org
> > but only to my private email]
>
> I am reading the Postgres lists through the "official" newsserver
> news.postgresql.org. But I have found the same problem: Some messages just
> don't appear.
>
> It seems like Alvaros message was sent only via private mail, because it does
> not show in the mailing list archive.

It is on the archives, here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20081217122802.GA4453%40alvh.no-ip.org

As Dave said, it was sent to pgsql-www, and I think the newsserver
doesn't carry that group (which is a bug that we've asked Marc to fix,
but as all things Marc, it takes quite a while).

Maybe I made a mistake and should have not taken pgsql-general out of
the CC line.

> I have configured the pgsql-performance mailing list so that I receive the
> emails. And I see some messages not turning up on the news server (don't ask
> me for exact numbers).
>
> So is this a configuration problem or is there something else going wrong?

I don't think the news gateway is all that trustworthy nowadays.