Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Lister wrote:

> bizarre... Its been turned off for a while, but from memory the
> autovacuum process was causing the table it was running on to be locked
> - I assumed this was an equivalent to VACUUM FULL - causing all other
> connections to wait until it had finished. Could this happen another way,
> i thought the other vacuum options acted passively... I'll turn it back
> on and see what happens...

Maybe you're doing ALTER TABLE or something else that is blocked behind
vacuum?  Vacuum doesn't block INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE, but it can block
other operations that want exclusive locks on the table.

What Postgres version is this anyway?

Сообщение: Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.
Сообщение: Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.