Re: What is VACUUM waiting for?

От Michael Monnerie
Тема Re: What is VACUUM waiting for?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Samstag 13 Dezember 2008 Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Do you have any vacuum delay setting turned on?  Perhaps they are too
> high?

Oh, I didn't remember there were some for normal vacuum, just the
auto_vaccuum.

vacuum_cost_delay = 250
vacuum_cost_page_hit = 1
vacuum_cost_page_miss = 10
vacuum_cost_page_dirty = 20
vacuum_cost_limit = 1000

Are those values to high/low? What should one use?

I think I will disable it at this one server, setting
vacuum_cost_delay = 0
because it's only one DB here. Still, I'd like to understand what values
would be reasonable on a server with many DBs, as we have some.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения