Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 11 December 2008 17:43:38 KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> In addition, I want folks to remind that the Row-level ACLs are not
> designed based on SQL standards. Thus, I called it one of the enhanced
> securities.

We have a lot of things in our code that are nonstandard, beyond the standard,
enhanced, or pretty cool.  We don't call any of those interfaces "enhanced"
and lay out our code based on that.  So I don't reall buy the "PGACE"
premise.  Either your code is so modular that it is a separate plugin, which
is probably not appropriate here, or it is really built-in.  Someone, I
forgot who, recently wrote, a patch should make the code look as if the patch
had been in there all along.  Yes.  Clear internal interfaces are also great,
but don't lay out your code to create hooks or interfaces just because your
are afraid to paste your code in someone else's source file.