Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> Allow ALTER TYPE to add, rename, change the type of, and drop columns?

That seems kind of vague because my first reaction is that a type
doesn't have columns, but you are talking about composite types, right?

I have added this TODO item:
Allow ALTER TYPE on composite types to perform operations similar toALTER TABLE
       * http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00245.php

http://enterprisedb.com