Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Then we have an inconsistency between this and the documentation for the
> || operator, where it is showing the abilty to concat numeric types
> without explicit casting.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-string.html

What that page appears to say in the note and table is that you can
concatenate a string and a non-string like varchar and integer, not
multiple non-strings like numeric and integer. What specifically were you
looking at on the page?

Сообщение: Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator
Сообщение: Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator