Re: Job scheduling in Postgre

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Job scheduling in Postgre
Дата
Re: Job scheduling in Postgre  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: Job scheduling in Postgre  (Jason Long <mailing.list@supernovasoftware.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 02 December 2008 07:11:02 A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  Tue, dem 02.12.2008, um 16:45:16 +0500 mailte IPS folgendes:
> > I have certain jobs  to be executed automatically at a given interval of
> > time in the postgre SQL database. Is their any utility/feature available
> > in Postgre to do so.
>
> No, use the scheduler from the OS, CRON for example (UNIX).

There is a database level schedular called (iirc) pgAgent, which comes bundled
with pgAdmin. I think it's so well hidden because it comes as a part of a
tool which is only used by a small subset of the community. I had hopes that
it might follow autovacuums path and get moved into a contrib module and
possibly integrated into the backend some day, but I haven't seen much push
in that direction.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net