Re: AutoVaccuum process start as its off in potgresql.conf]

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Re: AutoVaccuum process start as its off in potgresql.conf]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 09:13:04AM +0530, AmitKumar Jain wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL 8.3 version . The autovacuum process is stucking
> my system as it automtically start even though its off is
> postgresql.conf.
>
> 2. Is there any benchmark tool for Autovacuum process or can we know how
> much time this proces will take to complete?

If the autovacuum process kicks in even if it is disabled, you database
is in danger of XID wraparound! You should check your vacuum policy
(e.g. if it covers all of your databases and tables, including the
system databases).

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de