Re: is any reason why only one columns subselect are allowed in array()?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: is any reason why only one columns subselect are allowed in array()?
Дата
Re: is any reason why only one columns subselect are allowed in array()?  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:29:53AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am thinking about allowing 2D array from multicolumn subselect
> > (all columns have to share same type, ofcourse). Is there some
> > real limit, why this functionality is disallowed?
>
> Seems like you could just write SELECT ARRAY[col1, col2, col3]
> instead of SELECT col1, col2, col3.

If I understand this right, Pavel is thinking that
   ARRAY(SELECT col1, col2, col3...)

should produce an array each element of which is the compound type
consisting of (col1, col2, col3), and if it doesn't produce one, we're
looking at a pretty large POLA violation.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!