Re: auto_explain contrib moudle

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: auto_explain contrib moudle
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for reviewing.

Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Another question: what is explain.log_analyze supposed to do? Changing
> it doesn't seem to have an effect; it always prints out the actual time.

That's because explain.log_analyze requires executor instruments,
and it's not free. I think we'd better to have an option to avoid
the overheads... Oops, I found my bug when force_instrument is
turned on. It should be enabled only when
(explain_log_min_duration >= 0 && explain_log_analyze).

I send a new patch to fix it. A documentation about
explain.log_nested_statements is also added to the sgml file.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center