Re: [RRR] Tests citext casts

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: [RRR] Tests citext casts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 09:04:04AM -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>
>> I installed and ran the citext tests both with and without
>> the patch and had failures both times. The patch applied
>> cleanly and the "make;make install" completed without errors.
>> I have attached the two regression.diffs files, one without
>> the patch applied and the other with the patch.
>
> What patch was it you applied? And is this CVS HEAD that you're testing?
> What locale/collation is your database configured with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

David,

I am using the anonymous CVS repository, it returns the following
information in pg_catalog.pg_settings:

postgres=# select * from pg_catalog.pg_settings where name like 'server_%';       name        | setting  | unit |
              category                     |                     short_desc                     | extra_desc | c

ontext  | vartype |  source  | min_val | max_val | enumvals | boot_val  | reset_
val | sourcefile | sourceline
--------------------+----------+------+-----------------------------------------
-----------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+--
--------+---------+----------+---------+---------+----------+-----------+-------
----+------------+------------server_encoding    | UTF8     |      | Client Connection Defaults / Locale and
Formatting | Sets the server (database) character set encoding. |            | i
nternal | string  | override |         |         |          | SQL_ASCII | UTF8     |            |
server_version    | 8.4devel |      | Preset Options                                    | Shows the server version.
                    |            | i

nternal | string  | default  |         |         |          | 8.4devel  | 8.4dev
el  |            |           server_version_num | 80400    |      | Preset Options                                    |
Showsthe server version as an integer.            |            | i

nternal | integer | default  | 80400   | 80400   |          | 80400     | 80400    |            |
(3 rows)

The patch that I used is from the link in the commitfest 2008-11 wiki
which points to:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/0BD2E4E9-AF5A-4B4F-B546-027424EE8FAD@kineticode.com

Cheers,
Ken