Re: [sysadmins] new mailing list procedure

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [sysadmins] new mailing list procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:

> The -rrreviewers list exists to assign patches to volunteer Round Robin
> Reviewers (which you would know if you'd bothered to read the list
> description, or the RRR wiki page).

Hey, I came up with the list description out of thin air ;-)

> There is no discussion on the list,
> just assignments.  As the person doing the assignments, the list makes
> my life much easier.  Otherwise, I am forced to use private e-mail and
> keep a list of who the reviewers are and their e-mail addresses on a
> scratch pad.  Painful, time-consuming, and I lose track of people.  And
> I can't easily turn over the task to others, as I have to do on Nov. 8
> to Dave Page.

OK, so I was going to opine that it's just as good to post the
assignments to pgsql-hackers, but then thought that it's not such a hot
idea given the wider distribution of it.  However, I just checked the
archives of -rrreviewers and I notice two things:

1. the traffic is very low
2. reviews have started being crossposted to -rrreviewers and -hackers
(worse yet, posted only to the former)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [sysadmins] new mailing list procedure
Сообщение: Re: [sysadmins] new mailing list procedure