Re: Block-level CRC checks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Block-level CRC checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> There are some gotchas in this patch:
>
> 1. it does not consider hint bits other than the ones defined in htup.h.
> Some index AMs use hint bits to "kill" tuples (LP_DEAD mostly, I think).
> This means that CRCs will be broken for such pages when pages are torn.

The "other hint bits" are:

- LP_DEAD as used by the various callers of ItemIdMarkDead.
- PD_PAGE_FULL
- BTPageOpaque->btpo_flags and btpo_cycleid

All of them are changed with only SetBufferCommitInfoNeedsSave being
called afterwards.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL network discovery
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL network discovery