Re: PostgreSQL network discovery

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL network discovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a nice little feature within MSSQL where it is possible to
> enumerate all MSSQL servers on the local network.
> I wonder how this can be made possible with PG. Pinging every IP:PGPORT
> within the current subnet is one of the options but I guess that would be
> just a bad solution.  Any thoughts?

We have rendezvous support too.  We need to update it to use the newer
Avahi library, but the one person who proposed using the thread
interface got scolded for that and fled :-)  The interface we'd need to
use is complex and the patch would be a lot bigger.

If you want to work on it, you're welcome to do so :-)