Re: The Axe list

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: The Axe list
Дата
Re: The Axe list  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:28:29 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> It's that time again!  Purging antiquated contrib modules.
>
> chkpass: this module is incomplete and does not implement all functions
> it describes.  It's not really even useful as an Example since it uses
> crypt() and not any modern encryption.  And Darcy hasn't touched it in 6
> years.

Well, I still use it a lot but I have it in my own CVS tree anyway so I
won't miss it in contrib.

However, if all it needs is a modern encryption scheme that's probably
an hour's work.  The only reason that I haven't done so yet is because
I have no use case.  If I am storing encrypted passwords in a database
it's probably because I need to generate many password files from it.
As a result I need to keep it at the LCD.  That's DES.

Which described functions are missing?  I wouldn't mind having a chance
to clean it up before it is removed just in case someone else wants to
grab it from CVS later.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves