Trouble setting up access privileges

От mkrist@binf.ku.dk
Тема Trouble setting up access privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi pgsql-admin mailing list,

I'm having some problems setting up access privileges via pg_hba.conf. The
problem is that it seems that some Linux user accounts have password-less
access to the pgsql databases via the 'pgsql' CLI tool even though I try to
enforce md5 password protection.

The relevant line in pg_hba.conf is this:
host    all         mette,mkrist       10.10.0.0        255.255.0.0       md5

If I'm logged in as the Linux user "mkrist" and try to log in to a database as
either the pgsql user "mette" or the pgsql user "mkrist" it requires me to
enter a password (which it then accepts and logs me in).

But if I'm OTOH logged in as the Linux user "mette" it only requires me to
enter a password if I try to login to a database with the pgsql user "mkrist"
(which it then accepts). If I try to login as the pgsql user "mette" it logs
in without asking for a password.

I can't find anything in the documentation about exceptions from the
pg_hba.conf rules, so I'm quite surprised by this behaviour.

Thank you, I'd appreciate any help.

--
Michael Kristensen <mkrist@binf.ku.dk>
IT-studentermedhjælper / Sysadm student aid