Re: exporting/importing BLOB's (lo_* style)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: exporting/importing BLOB's (lo_* style)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
kevin kempter wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I want to dump a set of BLOB's from one db/server and import to another.
>
> I assume I cannot do a pg_dump unless I also dump related pg_largeobject
> rows for the referenced OID

pg_dump should dump large objects automatically.  If you're dumping a
single table, make sure you use the -b switch.  Saith the manpage

       -b

       --blobs
              Include large objects in the dump. This is the default  behavior
              except when --schema, --table, or --schema-only is specified, so
              the -b switch is only useful to add large objects  to  selective
              dumps.